Lizzie is an award winning author, inventor and businesswoman. She founded her first company at the age of 17 and has been creating products and driving her family mad ever since!
Lizzie appeared on Sky News, ITV Lunchtime News, This Morning, The Big Breakfast, BBC’s Worldwide Radio Service, amongst others for becoming one of Fair Play London’s Female Innovators. Lizzie was also a Judge on Shell LiveWire’s Grand Ideas Award.
Lizzie lives with her gorgeous family and a very unusual dog. In between the school run and baking cakes (or burning them!), she sits in her rooftop studio daydreaming about quirky businesses and the romantic escapades of the entrepreneurs that run them. She is the author of sizzling beach read Babe Driven, Award winning romance novel; Love’s Child and Finding Gina, which is a mystical romance. Lizzie’s new book, Ninja School Mum will be published by Crooked Cat on 30th Jan 2018.
Books by Lizzie Chantree:
Title: Babe Driven.
Genre: Chick Lit.
Publication date: 08/09/2013
Buy book: viewBook.at/Amazon-BabeDriven
Driving straight out of trouble and into paradise! A laugh out loud, contemporary romance read full of entrepreneurial women, powerful men and exotic locations.
Harriet’s crazily successful business idea is under serious threat, and the danger seems to be coming from inside her own family. She whisks her sister and her friends away to an exotic location to try and work out whose side they are on. It’s time to start damage limitation.
When the girls arrive at the glorious villa owned by Harriet’s maverick business partner Nikki, they find a gorgeous band and their sexy lead singer Max staying next door, out to entice their new neighbours into all kinds of trouble.
This isn’t a holiday for Harriet and she can’t afford to be distracted. She has to sell her business idea to the powerful resort owner, the elusive Mr Grant, while she is there, or she may not have a business to go back to. Harriet will have to choose between family and friends, business or pleasure. For someone who stays out of the limelight, even though her new company is the hottest ticket in town, she’s going to have to avoid the front pages of every newspaper if she wants to survive the ride!
Title: Love’s Child.
Genre: Romance / Mystery
Publication date: 05/07/2015
Buy book: viewBook.at/Amazon-LovesChild
An award-winning romantic mystery novel by author Lizzie Chantree.
Friendship, loyalty and deadly secrets.
Jemima Trent is desperate to have a designer baby to keep up with her socialite friends, reconnect with her work-obsessed husband, Lucas, and regain some respect from her domineering father.
Something curious is happening and the number of women able to conceive each year is in decline, but no one seems to know why. Dr Cole believes that the answer can be found in a warehouse full of delinquent teenagers, where David Love and his pregnant girlfriend, Tilly, have been hitting the headlines for turning youngsters’ lives around. Dr Cole’s violent and callous employer will stop at nothing to discover the reason behind their success and why girls at the warehouse are able to fall pregnant.
Jemima finally tries to step out of her father’s shadow, but discovers they are more alike than she could ever imagine. David and Tilly vow to keep their secret, but have the lessons of the past been learnt and is the world ready for the truth?
Lies, deceit and betrayal, all in the name of love!
Title: Finding Gina.
Genre: Romance / Mystery
Publication date: 25/04/2016
Buy book: viewBook.at/Amazon-FindingGina
A contemporary romance read with a magical twist! By award winning author, Lizzie Chantree.
Can a sprinkling of stardust overcome a past full of demons?
Gina had traversed the breadth of the country in her little campervan to try and find everyone on her grandmother’s list, before her father drunk himself into an early grave. She leant down and pulled the battered and worn journal from her bag and opened it to the latest page. The neatly written names were etched onto her heart and she was determined to visit every single one and compensate them in some way. Her family’s debt had to be repaid.
Lewis read another provincial story about a ‘guardian angel’ who had been helping families across the country and his reporters nose began to itch. He was sure that if he could track down the girl they were talking about, he would unearth an even bigger story. He just had to work out how to locate her and then find out what it was that she was running from!
My latest novel, Ninja School Mum, is set in the school playground and is about some very unusual school mums! It will be published by Crooked Cat in early 2018.
For any media enquiries, please contact Lizzie on firstname.lastname@example.org
Social media links:
Author page: viewAuthor.at/LizzieChantree
Babe Driven: viewBook.at/Amazon-BabeDriven
Love’s Child: viewBook.at/Amazon-LovesChild
Finding Gina: viewBook.at/Amazon-FindingGina
Five fun facts about Lizzie:
- I invented my first product when I was in college and it took ten years of research and development to bring to market. I worked during the day selling products I designed from a market stall, to pay for the patent and production costs.
- I paint huge landscapes and have exhibited them locally. I really enjoy painting with acrylics as they are messy but dry very quickly. I love to paint or write by the sea as I find it inspiring and beautiful to look at.
- I often grab my laptop and write my books in cafe’s, in my car while I’m waiting to collect my children from school, or in a tent in the middle of a freezing field while they are warming up for sporting competitions!
- I am allergic to chocolate, which is such an annoying allergy to have, but at least it’s something I can easily avoid. I haven’t tasted it for so many years that the scent doesn’t register with me now and people could eat a huge slab of chocolate cake in front of me and I probably wouldn’t notice!
- I used to have a pet Peacock! My mum always wanted chickens as we had a long garden, but my dad said we had enough animals with two dogs and a cat. On a business trip his colleagues thought it would be funny to order the new pet for him. The Peacock arrived and my dad was very angry, but the Peacock stayed with us and lived in our garden for many, many years! He nested on the flat roof and luckily we lived by a field, so he wandered there too.