Happy new week everyone. I am so excited to announce that I am running a giveaway with some fellow Crooked Cat Books authors and we are giving away a copy of our books to one winner each. That means six lucky winners of a book each. To enter, you just have to check out our Twitter feed, follow us on Twitter and RT the giveaway tweets, which will go out different times during the five days that the giveaway is running for. Good luck everyone! Check out what all the books are about or grab your copy today if you can’t wait to read them!
UPDATE: We have 6 winners!
Sandy Henry / @impulse26 has won a copy of The Wrong Side of Twenty Five. Congratulations!
Yasmin / @_BookThief_ has won a copy of Ninja School Mum. Congratulations!
Serena / @serenacooper4 has won a copy of Another Woman’s Man. Congratulations!
M J Mallon / @marjorie_mallon has won a copy of Foxtrot in Freshby. Congratulations!
Steph / @stephfunnell20 has won a copy of Oh! What a Pavlova. Congratulations!
Suzanne Cass / @SusieCass1 has won a copy of The SoulWeaver. Congratulations!
Lizzie Chantree: @Lizzie_Chantree
Kate Armitage: @itskatearmitage
Awen Thornber: @awenthornber
Heidi Catherine: @HeidiCatherine
Isabella May: @IsabellaMayBks
Carrie-Ann Schless: @CarrieASchless
Check out these amazing books and discover your new favourite author!
Ninja School Mum: Book link and blurb
The wrong side of twenty five: Book link and blurb
Foxtrot in Freshby: Book link and blurb
The Soulweaver: Book link and blurb
Oh! What a Pavlova: Book link and blurb
Another woman’s man: Book link and blurb
This is the Tweet you will see on Twitter:
Book Giveaway Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions for the 6 Summer Reads book giveaway
- The promoters are Lizzie Chantree, Isabella May, Kate Armitage, Awen Thornber, Carrie-Ann Schless and Heidi Catherine whose registered office is Unit 1. SS6 8BB. U.K.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom and abroad, aged 18 years or over.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Closing date for entry will be Friday 3rd August at 2pm. After this time and date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- There is no cash alternative.
The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- To enter, simply RT the appropriate post on our Twitter page and follow the authors Twitter account.
- One RT will count as one entry, you do not need to enter more than once, but feel free to RT the competition posts as much as you like.
- 6 books will be given away for free including P&P. There will be 6 winners.
- Winners will be selected at random on the evening of Friday the 3rd August and announced that day.
- The winner will be contacted by Twitter private messaged by one of our page admins. Please check your message requests folder in your inbox. If we do not receive a reply within 24 hours we will choose another winner.
My book Ninja School Mum is #free today! If you enjoy #RomCom romance reads, grab your copy as it’ goes back to it’s usual price tomorrow. Ninja School Mum: viewBook.at/NinjaSchoolMum
It’s hard to fit in when you stand out!
Customer reviews: 5 stars!
‘Made me lough out loud. A great romance read with a gorgeous hero and a feisty, strong woman. I hope there will be a sequel.’
‘Really good story. Couldn’t put it down!’
‘This story really caught my imagination and I couldn’t put it down. A romance read with fire in its belly. Didn’t have a clue to the ending, kept me guessing till the end.’
Hi everyone. Today’s Monday Marketing and 3 quick tips are about Giveaways. I am currently holding my first #giveaway on Twitter and Facebook for my book Ninja School Mum. The giveaways have only been running for a day or so and I will keep you updated on the progress, but here is what I’ve learnt so far. My book jumped up higher in the bestseller’s lists than it had been for the previous few days. What has also happened is that people downloaded Ninja School Mum when they found out about it after being tagged into the giveaway by friends, as they didn’t want to wait to read it, which is incredible and something I am very thankful for. To view the details of my giveaways click here for Twitter and here for Facebook. Below is the image I used for my Twitter giveaway.
- Pin your giveaway to the top of your Twitter page as your pinned Tweet for the duration of the giveaway.
- Ask people to tag their friends in the comments section under the giveaway post. To do this they simply type in their friend’s Twitter/Facebook name, for example, @Lizzie_Chantree/ Lizzie Chantree as a comment. This expands the giveaway reach and is a great way for book lovers to share a read they like the look of, with their friends.
- Don’t forget to add a universal link to your book or product at the bottom of the Twitter or Facebook post as well as a clear image. You can create a universal link at places like BookLinker. A universal link is a link that works for all Amazon stores and takes the viewer to the correct site for the country they live in.
I’ve just run my first Goodreads Giveaway. I understand that Goodreads might not be running Giveaways anymore in the UK, which is a shame, because for my first try, I had 1,395 entrants to the competition, 571 people added my book to their bookshelf on Goodreads as want to read and I had 4 winners!
This is a fabulous way to discover new readers of my genre and for them to learn more about my work too. I’d love to hear from anyone else who has run a giveaway. Was it successful and what top tips can you share?
Book Link: viewBook.at/NinjaSchoolMum
Ninja School Mum is currently on the best sellers list in two categories on Amazon!
Latest review for Ninja School Mum:
‘Skye and her little boy are such a delight – feisty, brave and ready to “flip the bird” at the rest of the world.
Yet Skye has a secret that is only revealed as the book goes on – I liked how her past story was revealed piece by piece, leaving the reader guessing until the end.
There’s much to enjoy in “Ninja School Mum” which isn’t all simply romance. Skye is lonely – and that isn’t helped by being ignored by the other mothers at the school gates; bullying also rears its ugly head; Skye is a loyal friend – as her new friend Thea discovers; and there is romance – with lovely Zack who also has his demons to fight.
I thoroughly recommend this novel – that combines lots of humour with the hard-hitting subjects of bullying and loneliness. The characters are memorable and I’d love to have Skye as a friend.’
Hello everyone. I’m holding a Goodreads Giveaway. It’s the first giveaway I have ever organised and if you enter, there is a chance to win one of four signed paperback copies of Ninja School Mum. To enter the prize draw, simply click the book giveaway link below and follow the instructions. Good luck!
Obsessive-compulsive school mum, Skye, is a lonely elite spy, who is running from her past whilst trying to protect the future of her child. She tries hard to fit in with the other parents at her son’s new school, but the only person who accepts her unconventional way of life is new mother, Thea.
Thea is feeling harassed by her sister and bored with her life, but she suspects that there is something strange about the new school mum, Skye. Thea has secrets of her own and, although the two become unlikely friends, she hesitates to tell Skye about the father of her own child.
Zack’s new business is growing faster than he could have dreamed but, suddenly, he finds himself the owner of a crumbling estate on the edge of a pretty village, and a single parent to a very demanding child. Could he make a go of things and give his daughter the life she deserved?
When three lives collide, it appears that only one of them is who they seem to be, and you never know who the person next to you in the school playground really is.