Happy new week everyone! Today I thought I’d stay with the theme of Twitter, as I am often asked about how I get followers on my Twitter account @Lizzie_Chantree There is no trick, but I am happy to share some ideas I use.
- Have interesting content on your Twitter timeline. Why should people follow your Twitter account? What would interest them?
- Does your Twitter timeline represent your personality? I write romance books and am interested in creativity and people in general, so I often tweet about lifestyle, families, design. business, and romance. I also like to chat to people on Twitter. I think it’s a great networking tool and you can reach out to contact people you might not be able to otherwise. It would be a bit confusing if I suddenly began posting random pictures of cars or elephants.
- Make your bio interesting. The first thing people who visit your page see, is your profile picture and bio. What do they say about you? I very rarely follow anyone without a bio photo or description. I assume they are not really interested in their account.
- Follow a few more people each week, then unfollow any that don’t follow you back after a couple of weeks. They might not be interested in your Timeline, or are not active enough on Twitter to respond to your follow with a follow back. You can use programmes like Manageflitter for this, or CommunIT.
- Interact with people. I chat to different people every day and really enjoy networking. People are more likely to follow an active Twitter user as there are many programmes out there that will tell you if a Twitter account hasn’t tweeted for the last year, month, day few hours.
- Respond to your notifications! If someone is tweeting to you, take a moment to reply. You might be busy, but it takes seconds to respond with a thank you if someone has retweeted you.