Hello everyone. I’ve got my first festival next weekend where I will have a book stand and hopefully be chatting to some book lovers as well as music lovers. I have been trying to pack everything I will need and remember to take things like sellotape, signage, and table coverings. I put the books into boxes and it’s tricky to know how many to take. It’s a music festival, but there is a shopping area, which is where I will be with my books. I have also designed some pop up banners, and have a fold up book stand for the counter top.
I did a checklist and thought it might be helpful to anyone else doing a book fair or festival.
- Books. Enough of each type to display and sell.
- Stands to hold some of the books up so that they are easier to see.
- Frames with clear pricing. These follow my brand and have a picture of my books and a slogan at the top.
- Table or counter cover.
- 2 x chairs
- Name squares for customers who would like a book signed so that I know how to spell the names! These are cut out of A4 sheets but fit with my branding colours.
- Battery powered lights.
- A receipt book.
- Paypal app set up on my phone.
- Card reader.
- Plastic cover to keep the table dry if the weather turns.
- Sun hat/suncream.
- I have a five aperture frame with each of my book covers in to show the range.
- Change for sales.
- Decoration for the table. Paper hearts etc for romance theme.
- Leaflets. I had these made with all five of my books on them.
I hope I’ve thought of most things, but if you have any other suggestions, I’d love to hear them.
Have a great week! From Lizzie:)
Author page: https://www.viewAuthor.at/LizzieChantree
The Village Green Festival. Chalkwell Park. Southend on sea. Essex. U.K. This is the trader area. There are many more stages and creative areas around the park. Saturday 13th July. 11am-9pm. Festival link.
6 thoughts on “Monday reads.”
That is a lot to think about! I hope you have a great time and it’s very successful for you, Lizzie!
I think you’ve got it covered, Lizzie! What a great idea to have the squares of paper for people to write their names so that you get it right in the autograph. Best of luck!
Thanks Jan. I use the little paper squares at my book launches and they worked like a dream. I had over 80 to sign so I was glad that for once I was organised.
I did think of one more thing you could add. How about a bowl of candy – maybe Hersey’s kisses to go along with the romance theme?
Great list, Lizzie.Perhaps I can suggest a box of small change, especially if you are pricing at !!!/99p. It’s surprising how many people still want their 1p change.
Great idea Lynn. The books are £6.99-£7.99, so I will need a change tin. Thanks for the tip. I have just signed up for something called IZettle today, which turns your phone into a mobile shop with card payments from a little card reader.