I have just discovered that talented writer Jenny Hinsman has nominated me for a Liebster award! You can find out more about Jenny and get work here: https://hinsmanj.wordpress.com
Like Jenny, I am new to blogging, but this is a wonderful chance for us all to discover more about the blogging community and I get to answer some of Jenny’s questions about my writing, then pose some new ones to some other bloggers I admire. The idea is to bring more traffic to all these fabulous blogs. The ‘Liebster Blog’ Award is a wonderful way to spread the word about our work and connect with other bloggers, readers and authors. I have listed the rules of the Award below this post.
Here are my answers to Jenny’s questions:
If you could have dinner with one fictional character who would it be?
Dinner with Indiana Jones would never be dull!
If you could live in a book, TV show or movie, which would it be?
What a question! A TV show might be less stressful as books and movies are often designed for maximum chaos and intrigue in a small timeframe. With a TV show, it’s exciting, but the characters are with you for longer and you discover all of the nuances of their lives. I love comedy shows like Friends, where you feel you are sitting there with them, plus you spend the whole time giggling with mirth.
What inspired your creativity?
My parents and family. They are a very creative bunch and have run their own businesses for as long as I can remember. They support all of my weird ideas and are pretty used to arriving at my house to find the walls stacked with canvases, the tables overflowing with scribbled notes or a new product design being constructed on the kitchen table!
If you could pick any author/artist to interview, who would it be?
Monet. I visited his garden and the thought that went into the design so that he could enjoy the view and be inspired to paint every day, is breathtaking.
What is your favorite book?
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
What is your favorite hobby?
Painting huge vivid canvases which I been exhibiting for quite a few years. I also love photography.
Which celebrity (dead or alive) would you want to be trapped in an elevator with for 24 hours? (I don’t mean dead in the elevator with you!)
I would pick Adele, as she seems really down to earth and is such a talented lady. I love meeting creative people as they inspire me and Adele’s voice makes me smile.
Is there any place in the world you would rather live than you do now?
I really enjoy where I live as I’m near the sea, but would love to open the door to some sunshine a bit more often! I love travelling to France and Spain, so would probably look there first.
What kind of music is your favourite?
Soul music will always get me up dancing.
What is your favorite movie genre?
Romantic comedy. I think that is why I write romance as it’s what I love to watch at the movies and read in novels.
Tell me one random fact about yourself?
I was voted one of the Female Inventors of the Year in 2000, by The Patent Office and Fair Play London.
11 other random facts about myself:
- I’m allergic to chocolate.
- I love being near the sea, as it inspires me to paint and write.
- I’ve been on TV.
- I’m an inventor.
- I am a trained silversmith.
- I designed and made the tiara for Miss Southend on Sea for the Miss UK final.
- I’ve been on the radio, including the World Wide Service.
- I have been on QVC the shopping channel.
- I have met the inventor of the clockwork radio.
- I lost 4 stone in weight as a teenager.
- I run a networking hour for creatives on Twitter called #creativebizhour
Phew! Very random facts, but hope they give you a giggle.
Helen Watson: http://helen-watson.co.uk/blog/
Janine Clifton: https://earlyburlyblog.wordpress.com/
Jan Hawke: https://janhawke.me
Derek Knight: https://derekknightauthor.wordpress.com
- What was your first ever blog about?
- Where is your favourite place to sit and write?
- What age did you begin writing?
- What inspires you most creatively?
- What is the most stressful thing about writing content?
- What do you enjoy about being a writer?
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
- What makes you smile?
- If you could offer one tip to a new blogger, what would it be?
- What distracts you the easiest from your writing?
- If you could ask anyone in the world to read your book or blog, who would it be?
Here are the rules to the award:
– Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
– Display the award logo on your blog.
– Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
– Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
– Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award.
– Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
– List these rules in your post. (I copied and pasted them from http://wordingwell.com/the-liebster-award-the-official-rules-my-first-blog-award-and-a-few-personal-secrets-revealed/).
– Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
Be the first to know when my next book is available! Follow me on social media for updates.
10 thoughts on “Bloggers helping bloggers!”
So glad I came across this post… a few months late, sadly. lol Still, fun learning more about you, Lizzie!
Thanks Marlena. It’s great to see you here anytime! Thanks for stopping by. Have a fabulous Christmas and New Year.
Thanks, Lizzie! Merry Christmas to you, too! And Happy New Year!
Reblogged this on apboustead.
Congrats & Best Wishes, Lizzie!
Thanks Bette! I appreciate you stopping by. Don’t forget to leave a link to your blog here, so visitors can stop by your page too.
You’re welcome Janine! I’ll look forward to seeing your answers to my questions.
Thanks for the nominations Liz. I’ll post a link once I’m done xx